Let's try a declarative
Acceptance tests for Jenkins
A project to flesh out some of the manual test cases for Jenkins LTS in an automated fashion.
Following areas are still worked on:
Let's start by running tests locally with
JENKINS_WAR=path/to/your/jenkins.war mvn test.
This runs the entire test suite with the specified Jenkins war and Firefox, so it will take a while.
BROWSER=chrome and install http://code.google.com/p/chromedriver/downloads/list in
$PATH if desired. (But tests may fail.)
There is a bit of a delay since we bring up Jenkins for every single test, with it's own sandboxed workspace.
- Selecting browser
- Selecting how to launch Jenkins under test (JUT)
- Running one test
- Using a http proxy
- Prelaunch JUT
- Obtaining a report of plugins that were exercised
- Managing the versions of Jenkins and plugins
- Running tests in container
- Selecting tests based on plugins they cover (TODO)
- Docker fixtures
- Page objects
- Guice is our glue
- Writing tests
- Testing slaves
- Testing emails
- explain how cucumber hooks into Guice (TODO)
- Hamcrest matchers
- How to use this from your own module
- EC2 provider configuration